He came home the next day with quite the story. He had missed the knife sharpening class because as he was walking to it, the sole of his shoe fell off. I don't think I got the full story on that one, but I suspect it had to do with leaving them too close to the fire. Imagine him trying to walk with the sole barely attached and him trying to stop and fix it after every step. So he missed his class and later in the day he thought he would try what the other boys were talking about. His scout master looked over and noticed he was rubbing his knife up against a rock. When he asked him what he was doing, #3 told him that his knife was dull from hitting it up against the flint and he was trying to sharpen it. His scout master told him the rock he was using wasn't going to work, to which #3 replied "but the kids said you needed a wet stone so I found a rock spit on it" It's not a wet rock #3, it is a wet stone. I think maybe he should have tried a little harder to get to that class.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
#3's first boy scout camp out
#3 has looked forward to camping out with the scouts ever since his brother's first excursion. Well it was his turn and he was excited. He was late getting dropped off since I had gone to get my hair done and they were late getting me started. Imagine his surprise when I showed up to pick him up in a cape and my hair full of foil. It was an efficient way to process--beat sitting reading a magazine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol.... too funny, it makes sense to me.
Post a Comment